06 July 2012
With winter in full swing and many people using their saunas a lot more than in the warmer weather, now is the perfect time to do a little sauna maintenace to make sure your sauna is at its very best.
If you do not sit on towels in the sauna, your benches may need a light sand to smooth out the bench surface and rejuvenate the look of the timber. A good idea is to run a trimmer over the edges to clean those up at the same time. Finnleo advises all customers to sit on white towels or sauna mats to keep your benches clean and hygenic.
We have started installing back rests on many saunas recently and this will prevent wear and tear of the sauna lining boards. Back rests can be done in a number of ways depending on the look that you want, but a simple 2 rail back rest is all you need. If you want Finnleo to build your back rest just give us a call with your measurements.
Check the hinges and roller catch on the sauna door and adjust as required.
Sauna Heater Care:
- Remove all the rocks from the sauna heater
- Check the physical condition of the elements. You can also turn the heater on for a short while to make sure all elements are working.
- Replace any broken or dead elements.
- Clean your sauna rocks with clean water and a light brush
- Rocks that are golf ball size and smaller should not be placed back in the heater.
- Replace your sauna rocks into the heater, making sure you allow plenty of air flow through the rocks. You do not ant to pack them too tight as this will slow down your heat up process. Make sure the rocks cover the top of the heating elements
- Clean your sauan heater casing.
If you want Finnleo Sauna to carry out a service on your sauna in Melbourne, just call us on (03) 9587 4494 or send us an email to arrange a suitable time